Since 2005, we have embraced LEED principles and sustainable design and made it a priority to investigate sustainable products and construction practices in order to provide our clients with an advanced level of service.
Sustainable Design Focus
- Environmental impact management
- Occupant health, comfort and productivity
- Functionality, longevity and ability/quality assurance/ commissioning
Healthy Building Focus
- Natural daylight/sun, wind and earth energy systems
- Rain-screen principle to prevent moisture/mould gravity
- Materials to prevent harmful vapors
Energy & Resource Efficiency Focus
- Efficient site orientation, insulation, appliances, lighting, plumbing fixtures, windows and doors
- Durable materials, recycled materials and multi- functional elements
- Drought-tolerant plantings, requiring less irrigation
Smart Building & Communications Focus
- Flexible cable management systems in walls, floors and ceilings
- Networking the workplace, access, adaptability and capacity on demand
Cost Efficiency Focus
- Low maintenance, easily repaired materials with durable finishes
- Easily duplicated modular design and structural elements
- Energy efficiency and solar orientation for low heating and electrical costs
- Efficient floor area to exterior wall ratio
- Capital versus life-cycle cost benefits through value engineering
Milton Operations Centre LEED® Silver Certified
Nipissing Road, Milton ON - to be completed in 2011
We were the Prime Consultant for the Town of Milton's new 45,000 sq. ft. Operations Centre, responsible for the detailed design, tender documents and construction supervision of the facility and associated site works.
Ajax Fire Headquarters & Emergency Operations Centre LEED® Gold Targeted
Salem Road North, Ajax ON - completed in October 2008
The new 28,263 sq. ft. Fire Station and Emergency Services Headquarters was the Town of Ajax's first Fire Training Facility and its first Municipal Building designed with LEED® principles, including a green roof and geothermal design. It was also Ontario's first Municipal Fire Headquarters to be registered with the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC).
Ajax Operations Centre LEED® Silver Targeted
Salem Road North, Ajax ON - completed in December 2010
After completing a series of location and sustainability studies, we worked with the Town of Ajax to develop a strategic and budget-efficient plan for the design of the new Ajax Operations Centre, which incorporates all divisions of its Operations and Environmental Services Department. The new 53,535 sq. ft. facility incorporates such initiatives as renewable energy sources, a green roof, geothermal heating and cooling, and a 100 kW photovoltaic system with solar thermal water heating.
Strata Residential Condominiums LEED® Targeted
Maple Avenue, Burlington ON - completed in April 2013
Strata is Burlington's first residential building striving toward LEED Certification. Complete with a meditation garden, geothermal heating and cooling system, water efficient fixtures, low VOC finishes and 3,000 sq. ft. of bike storage, Strata will be one of Burlington's greenest residential buildings.
MTE Consulting LEED® Interior Renovation LEED® Targeted
Harvester Road, Burlington ON - completed in 2010
We provided tenant layout and LEED® interior design for this 9,500 sq. ft. facility.
Carruthers Marsh Pavilion LEED® Targeted
Ashbury Boulevard, Ajax ON - June 2010
We incorporated many green building principles into the design for the new Ajax Waterfront East Pavilion in order to reduce future operating and maintenance costs and to make the facility more energy efficient and sustainable. The building is constructed of materials with high recycled content and low VOC's to eliminate off-gas toxins. The pavilion will save up to 215,000 MJ of energy annually, through heat recovery from exhaust air, and through the use of a geothermal heat pump system and energy-efficient lighting with occupancy sensor control. Water consumption was reduced over 40% through the use of water-efficient fixtures and a rainwater harvesting cistern system for natural irrigation.